We know how Pakistani businesses feel about online services. You can’t dare convince a conventional businessman to take everything online, no matter how efficient it may get. All hail to the coronavirus that actually brought more than 30% of the businesses online.
I am not talking about doing the whole thing online, but the things that could be managed better via web or mobile applications. For example, those restaurants that would hesitate to sell or deliver orders received via foodpanda are now eager to register with them and about 4,5 other food delivery applications.
I have also seen lawyers, medical professionals, consultants and even educational institutes using technology to keep their businesses alive.
If you are wondering, here are the business types that can benefit from an online portal.
- If you have a restaurant, you can use foodpanda, Cheetah, eat oye and other apps where you can simply create an account and start getting orders. Home chefs can also do the same to get more orders.
- If you are a consultant and your only service is handling and talking to your clients, you can use the internet to continue your business.
- If you are a medical professional, you can use the internet to consult with your patients.
- If you have an educational institute, you can use software to teach and manage your students. If you need such a software, I know a Pakistani company that has developed a fairly decent system for schools, colleges and universities that includes video conferencing, fee modules via Easypaisa and JazzCash, exams module and all of the other things that an educational institute may need.
- If you are a software developer and you have lost your job, you can use freelancing portals to get orders. I know people making 1 lac to 5 lacs a month via freelancing. If you need help in this category, you can read this Digital Pakistan Academy – IT Training Institute in Islamabad
- Moreover, if you have any kind of shop that has deliverable products, you can use social media and word of mouth to establish a delivery network. All you need is some digital marketing for your business to get a head start.
These are just a few businesses that I could mention in this article. If you have a business and you would like to know if you can take it online and start earning again, just let me know the details in the comments and I will get back to you with an answer as soon as possible.