If you are a Pakistani citizen with 1 to 5 lakh of investment in your pocket, you might not like the idea of having a food stall. Local Food Stall Business Ideas are usually rejected by the ones who have some sort of college education. The main reason I have heard and read from people is that this business does not have the fancy stuff that we usually expect. What now then? Well, the time is changing. More and more local food stalls are now being set up in the cities, that too with brighter and fancier food items. Ever heard of the Syrian Shwarma guy in Islamabad? He now has multiple restaurants in the city. He started his business with a small Shwarma Food Stall.
In this post, you will find the most innovative local food stall business ideas for Pakistan. I am writing a few, you can figure out the best one for you, or can start brainstorming yourself.
1- Super Desi Breakfast Food Stall
Trust me, I have seen dozens of breakfast food stalls turning into proper food chains in Pakistan. If you have heard of Gogay Key Channay in Lahore, Cheema’s and Chatha’s in Islamabad, you will know what I am talking about.
All you need to do is present the people with something that is more hygienic and tastier than the regular competition around you. Here are a few examples of a breakfast food stall.
- Anda Paratha and Tea. This is the most common breakfast we get in Pakistan. This is also the easiest to manage. Why not try the same but add ANDA GHOTALA with it? It is super tasty and is not common at other breakfast corners.
- Halwa Puri, a sweet delight. Another not very common item, we rarely see food stalls for Halwa Puri and a lot of people have to a long way to get this breakfast.
- I would also advise you to add dishes from the neighboring countries and even from the west. I mean, we know how our young generation has not started spending the night with cell phones, they usually head to a nearby food stall for breakfast, before they go to sleep. It would be nice to have cheaper food nearby, wouldn’t it be?
2- Curled Potato Chips – Local Food Stall Business Ideas
If you are on social media, you will know that how well have some people used curled potato chips business idea and have earned their share from the market. It is still a very uncommon food stall that you can establish anywhere around a college or nearby a commercial/business hub. I see this among the untapped Local Food Stall Business Ideas in Pakistan.
Everyone loves french fries, you will hardly come across people who don’t. Why not add some thrill to the ongoing action and spice up the game with curled potato chips?
3- Desi Pizza Stall
Tell me one desi pizza stall around you, none right? Most Asian countries have that. You could be the first one in your city. You can easily get a gas-powered oven to bake stuff. All you need to do is visit an electronics market and enquire about it.
4- Tandoori Tea (Chai)
I suggested this business back in 2018 in another article. If you are reading this in 2021, you will know that multiple Tandoori Tea Stalls have already been set up in most commercial hubs in larger cities. Does your city have one? Do you see a major commercial zone where one could be successful? Go for it. People in Pakistan love tea, tandoori is just better.
All you need to do is master the art of making tea, it may not be an easy job but, who wants easy? Only losers go for the easier stuff. Be a winner and start earning. The only thing that this Local Food Stall Business Idea lacks is that it may be seasonal. Summers may not bring as many customers of tea as winters do.
5- The Might Daal Chawal – Local Food Stall Business Ideas
If I have to pick one food for a month, I will pick Daal Chawal. I mean, most people have their own choices. I see Daal Chawal as one of the most loved foods in Pakistan. Thus, I can say that this is among the best Local Food Stall Business Ideas for Pakistan.
I have seen multiple similar stalls that have a very loyal customer base, most of these stalls get out of stock in the mid-day. You just have to do justice with the taste, be hygeinic and be polite with your customers.
6- Food From Your Area
Ok now, this one is very important among all the Local Food Stall Business Ideas that we have discussed previously. I think that most people living in the capital cities of Pakistan originate from a smaller city or a village. Try and find out what your people like to eat, bring that to the larger cities. People may fall in love, seriously.
Let me give you an example, I used to live in Peshawar for some time, I ate MOTA CHAWAL there. Trust me, it was so pure and tasty that I still have craving for it sometimes. I am sure that anyone bringing that dish to Islamabad, Lahore or Karachi is going to get lots of sales. Be the first.
Some Important things – Local Food Stall Business Ideas
I just need to tell you a few important things that would make your local food stall look better and will get you more sales.
- Hygiene is very important. This is a major concern of every person who rejects the idea of eating from local food stalls. You get them clean hygienic food, they bring you more customers.
- Be polite, try to greet every customer as if they have walked into a lavish cuisine. Trust me, one smile from the vendor can do wonders. Ever seen videos from the west, where that Icecream guy plays cat and mouse with the customers? Yeah, that may not work in Pakistan, but a smile will do the job.
- Accept criticism, do not get angry if a customer complains. Run campaigns that are otherwise offered by larger food chains. You won’t regret it. If you are reading this, I guess you have an entrepreneurial mind, you must have heard about that guy giving 13 bananas instead of 12 for a dozen, by Qasim Ali Shah. Do things like that and you will see your business growing.
That’s it for the Local Food Stall Business Ideas in Pakistan from my side. I leave the rest up to you, however, if you still have any questions or concerns, you can write in the comments and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Best of Luck!