Xiaomi has been the trendsetter for the past five to six years when it comes to affordable electronic gadgets. This smart door and windows sensor is going to be a very handy product.
The first version of the smart door and windows sensor was launched by Xiaomi in 2015. This time around, they are making it a lot more handy by adding useful features. The company has opened the project for crowdfunding and the first lot of the product is expected to be ready in 2021 for the users.
Some of the excellent features of the smart door and window sensor are listed below
- It can sense whether the door is open or close and can send you a notification based on the current state
- The smart door and window sensor can sense light outside and can operate based on that. For example, you can set it to close if it is dark outside.
- There is another feature in the app that comes with this sensor, where you can set timings for closing and opening the doors.
- The same features will be furnished in the smart window sensor.
- The gadget works with two magnets to control the opening and closing of the doors and windows, which means you do not have to rearrange your current locks. They can stay where they are.
- The mobile app also takes voice commands.
Did you know?
Most of these gadgets are being sold in around 10,000 PKR in Pakistan. Imagine having more features in 1150 Rupees and being able to control your doors via mobile app.
This is the kind of innovation the world needs, I urge Pakistani youngsters to work on projects of this nature. If you are an engineering graduate and are jobless, you can still use your skills to create gadgets that could become a source of income for you.