The National Coordination Committee (NCC) of Federal Cabinet, met with PM Imran Khan. In the meeting, they announced an extension period for the lockdown till April 30. Along with the extension of the lockdown period for 2 weeks, the Federal Government loosen the restrictions for low-risk businesses. PM Imran Khan allows some of the businesses to resume their activities.
The Corona Virus Pandemic has demolished our daily life activities. To cope with the outbreak of coronavirus pandemic lockdown was announced by the Government. The main issue that arose due to the lockdown was economic crises. PM Imran Khan relaxes low-risk businesses to deal with the battle of economical crises.
As our country has a huge number of people who work on daily wages. Some important organizations play an imperative role in country prosperity.
The announcement by PM Imran khan is a sign of relief for us. Life is struggling back to normality which seems quite difficult at that time. But following some guidelines and protocols for the coronavirus, we can win the fight against COVID-19. PM Imran Khan strictly said that:” in case of local transmission of coronavirus risk, they will face an immediate closure”
Businesses that remain closed during Lockdown:
- All the Shopping Malls, Markets, and Restaurants will remain closed during the lockdown.
- Educational Institutions including Vocational Centers, Technical Centers, Schools, Colleges, Universities, and Tuition Centers also remain closed during the lockdown. Any kind of examination is also not allowed to be conducted during the lockdown.
- Shadi Halls and Marque are also announced to remain closed during the lockdown time.
- All kinds of public Gatherings, Parties, and Festivals either they are organized in a public place or in private are completely banned.
- Snooker Clubs and Gyms will also remain closed during the lockdown.
Business/ people that are allowed to continue their activities during a lockdown:
- On duty Government Employees who are notified by the related departments.
- People who work for rule and regulatory authorities.
- Important services employees are allowed to perform their activities.
- Utility departments including WAPDA, WASA Municipal departments, SNGPL, DISCOs, and NTDC.
- Government and Private telecommunication and Mobile Phone companies including PTCL, ZONG, WARID, JAZZ, UFONE and TELENOR their franchises and customer care centers are allowed to open with required staff. They are restricted to follow the precautionary measures before public dealing.
- Manufacturing industries related to defense and their packing services.
- IT departments with required staff and with no public dealing.
- Security and Exchange Commission of Pakistan, Pakistan Stock Exchange, Central Depositary Company of Pakistan, National Clearing Company of Pakistan and Pakistan Mercantile Exchange with required staff members.
- Ehsaas Kafaalat Program and all the activities Habib Bank of Pakistan HBL Konnect and retailers for Ehsaas Program emergency cash distribution on the selective sites.
- Diplomate and their foreign/local staff transportation.
- Health Services departments including hospitals, clinics, laboratories, pharmaceutical industries, and medical stores.
- Important Religious activities like “Namaz e Janaza”, entombment and related events or funeral rites.
- Call centers with 50% of staff are allowed to continue their services with no public dealing.
- Ecommerce for Export including Outsourcing Pricing Business and Ecommerce for local delivery companies.
- Banking departments with required staff.
- Groceries store, bakeries, General and karyana stores, Milk/Dairy shops, Wheat shops (Atta Chakki), Meat or chicken shops, fish shops, fruit or vegetable shops, “Tandoors” and all kind of shops related to food will remain open.
- Spare part shops, auto workshop, Tyre puncturing shops, Driver hotels, Petrol Pumps, and Oil depots.
- Home delivery from restaurants and take away.
- LPG Outlets, Storage and Filling plants along with their supply keychain of transportation, distribution, and storage.
- Postal and courier services, transportation from one place to the other and public dealing with minimum staff in offices are allowed.
- Registered NGOs and charity organizations who deliver free food and charity funds among the needy people are allowed with the required staff.
- Food development companies and their distribution offices including floor mils and their supply chain of distribution and cash recovery.
- Dry port operations and Custom services.
- Poultry and feed mills including poultry/ animals, rice husk, raw material, and livestock feed mills.
- The development of Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) and their supply chain of distribution, storage, transportation, printing, and packing.
- Development of wheat packing products and their supply chain of distribution, transportation, storage, and printing.
- Milk and food processing industries, packing industries and their supply chain of distribution, storage, transportation, printing, and packing.
- Development companies for personal hygiene, sanitization and disinfection items including soaps, hand sanitizers, tissue papers, wipes and liquid sprays along with their supply chain of distribution, packing, transportation, storage, and printing.
- Oil and Gas Companies including OGDCL, POL, PPL, UEPL, ENI, MOL, MPCL, KUFPEC, POGC, OPL and OPTL transportation along with their contractors, personal staff, security tools, and vehicles.
- Pak Arab Refinery Company (PARCO) and all other related companies along with their supply chain.
- Fauji Fertilizers and Companies Limited (FFCL) and Mari Petroleum Company Limited (MPCL) along with their contractors and supply chain of production, transportation, storage, distribution, printing, and packing.
- All fertilizer companies and marketing offices staff are allowed to travel after the verification of ID card and official card.
- Bean fertilizers and pesticide shops, animal food dealers and development companies along with their supply chain.
- Tractor, harvester, thresher development and their dealers are allowed to continue their activities. All agriculture machinery shops and tractor industry spare part shops along with required staff and with their supply chain are allowed to open.
- Pharmaceutical Industry including Printing Press, Production Unit, Bottles Development, Aluminum File Importers, Printing Foil Industry, Bottle Cap Industry, Master Cotton Industries, Rubbered Stopper, Capsule Shell Manufacturing Industry along with their importers and their transport.
- Soda Ash Industry with minimum staff.
- Cement Manufacturing plant with minimum staff along with their supply chain.
- All kinds of services from dry cleaners, laundries with one helper should follow the safety precautions.
- Transformer Manufacturing industry with minimum staff.
- Transportation of Lawyers for the Court hearing in urgent cases.
- Verified Media persons from the Information Department and newspaper hawkers.
- NESPAK all activities are allowed with minimum staff and no public dealing.
- Matchsticks making companies.
Low-Risk Businesses that are allowed to work:
- Chemical Industries.
- Software Development, Programming, and technical support companies.
- Electricians, Plumbers, Carpenters and Tailor shops.
- Veterinary Services.
- Real State and Property Dealers offices.
- Book Shops and Stationery.
- Glass Manufacturing Industries.
- Papers and Packaging
- Plant Nurseries
- Road Sector, Gray Structures and Construction sites including Pre-Feb Manufacturers, Stone Quarries and Bricks Kiln.
- Architects, Construction Experts, and Engineers.
- Export Sector can be allowed by Divisional Commissioner.
All the Businesses and Peoples that are allowed to continue their activities have to follow this Instruction:
- Two persons can go for groceries from one family at a time. In the case of a paralyzed person, three peoples are allowed to go along. In case of any medical emergency, one more person is allowed.
- Businesses are allowed to work by following social distancing rules and other required instructions by medical experts.
- In Large Departmental stores, only grocery and pharmacy sections should be allowed to open. Buyers should follow the social distancing rule to enter the store. They should follow the instructions by the police and management sector.
- The Departmental stores should make sure to free grocery trolleys from germs and continue spraying on public places.
Time Table for the allowed Businesses:
- All the Grocery shops, meat, glasses, pesticides, bean and fertilizer shops, bakeries and departmental stores will be open from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Milk and Dairy shops will be open from 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
- Agricultural machinery workshops, spare part shops, petrol pump, oil depot, LPG outlets, filling plants, fruits and vegetable shops, pharmacy, Wheat shops, postal and currier services, medical services, printing press, and take away deliveries can be opened after 8:00 PM.
This is a final relief for businesses till now by the Government of Pakistan.
The Medical Experts said that still, the threat of the Coronavirus is not over. We have to follow the guidelines and instructions to stay safe. Our negligence can be dangerous for not only our life but also for our loved ones.